Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lazy Chicken

So I'm kind of curious as to how you will react to this recipe... It could go two very different ways. Either you'll be disappointed because it's so ridiculously simple OR you'll feel like you've hit the jackpot. Either way, I'm just glad you're reading. :)

Lazy Chicken is a recipe I picked up here, at my favorite crockpot recipe destination! This recipe is so amazingly easy and the possibilities really are endless! All you do is throw some chicken in the crockpot (I usually use 2 or 3 big chicken breasts), add a jar/bottle of your favorite sauce and cook on low all day. Then you use two forks to shred it and serve it however your heart desires. In the original recipe she uses chicken and red pasta sauce... as delicious as that probably is, I have never actually done it that way. Our favorite is bbq sauce, but we'll mix it up from time to time using various other bottles of Lawry's sauces or marinades. We probably should give that pasta sauce a try though...

Maybe that doesn't sound that exciting to you, but wait, there's more! :) You could follow those directions and cook it in the crockpot all day... OR you could thaw it and cook it on the grill... OR you could thaw it and bake it. How's THAT for versatile? Not only can you use whatever sauce tickles your fancy, you can cook it pretty much however you want as well! Oh, and then you can serve it in a variety of ways too - over pasta or rice, on a sandwich, by itself, etc....

Like I said before, our favorite is bbq sauce. I'll take it out and let it thaw in the fridge during the day, then Chris will grill it and we'll add some lettuce and tomato and eat it as bbq chicken sandwiches on those delicious 40-minute rolls. Oh yeah! I seriously need to make a couple of these each month...


Lazy Chicken



Ingredients:
2-3 large chicken breasts
1 bottle/jar of your favorite sauce/marinade

To make immediately: place chicken in crockpot, add sauce. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with two forks, serve as desired.

To Freeze: place chicken in gallon-size freezer safe bag, add sauce. Freeze. :)
When ready to prepare, either follow directions above.
OR thaw and grill.
OR thaw and place in 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-ish minutes. I'm not so good with times, just check to make sure it's not pink in the center.

and Voila! Tell me that's not the easiest recipe ever...

2 comments:

  1. Jessie, I think you have me converted to trying OAMC. This looks so EASY! And delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! You can do it! :) If you want, you can join me the next time I do it... OR I could just walk you through it. I'm about to write some posts about the actual process - hopefully they'll be helpful to you!

    ReplyDelete