Friday, September 14, 2012

Honey Garlic Chicken



I'm sure we all have our go-to resource for recipes, right? I know I do... When I'm looking for a crockpot recipe (which happens QUITE often), the first place I peruse is this little blog.

I've used TONS of her recipes! I love the way she writes, I love her honesty (she'll tell you if it just did NOT work out), and I simply love her recipes (because I, too, love my crockpot... even if it does run too hot). Another plus is that all of her recipes are gluten free! Not that I need that... but you know, if I had to cook something for someone with a gluten allergy I totally could!

A few of the recipes from her site have made their way into my OAMC rotation,  including 3 packet pot roastSalsa, chicken and black bean soup, Pepperoncini beef sandwiches, and plenty of others... my personal favorite being the Honey Garlic Chicken.



This was the first recipe (and still the only recipe, I believe) with which I use chicken thighs, and Oh.My.Goodness are they good! I don't have an aversion to dark meat, I've just always used chicken breasts. They're cheap, they're easy to use and they come in big quantities. All of which are big pluses in my book. So obviously, I was a little bit hesitant to follow the directions... but, being the obedient girl that I am and trusting Stephanie's judgment, I gave it a shot. And I'm totally glad that I did!

This chicken always turns out so moist and flavorful, and the sauce is AWESOME! I always spoon a bunch over my chicken and rice.... yeah, these leftovers don't last long. :)

This is the recipe almost exactly as it's found on her blog - one of the few recipes I haven't tweaked, it's just that good!


Honey Garlic Chicken Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

To make immediately, place the chicken in the crockpot. Combine the other ingredients in a bowl. Mix well, then pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 5-7 hours. Serve over rice.

To Freeze: Throw all ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag and pop that bag right into the freezer. When you decide to cook it, just put the contents into the crockpot and cook as directed above. :) It's that simple!

2 comments:

  1. Jessie, I love your blog, I just added it to my reader. :) And I'm totally going to try this chicken; it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I'll have to do the same! :) And you will be so glad you did... Let me know how it goes!

      Delete